Photobucket
           



Talking Cock with Drew Bolduc (The Taint/Science Team)


Drew Bolduc is the mind behind and face of The Taint - only one of the best movies I've ever discovered as a reviewer of stuff and fan of obscure horror. The Taint, for the uninitiated, is a revolting, beautiful thrill ride about Misogyny, the end of the world and raging erections. Bolduc is currently following up The Taint with Science Team, which is, in the words of the man himself, about "violence, drama" and "telepathic aliens." Personally, I can't wait. I had the chance to speak with Mr. Bolduc about all things Taint and Science Team. The two questions I really wanted answering: (1) what makes a good cock? (2) When am I gonna get a sequel to The Taint?

Joel H: Hi! Thanks for taking the time to talk to us. How are you?

Drew Bolduc:
Very good.

JH: How is work coming along on Science Team?

DB: We are doing fundraising now and starting preproduction.

JH: What can we expect from the film?

DB: 
Violence. Drama. Telepathic aliens.

JH: Will you be acting in this, as you did The Taint?

DB: I don't think so. I would prefer to focus on being behind the camera this time. It is very hard to go from being a character to know what is going on.


JH: Can we also expect a VHS release of this?

DB: 
There is a good possibility.

JH: What do you make of the recent cult resurgence of VHS technology?

DB: I don't think it is irony or anything like that. There is a permanence to VHS.

JH: You first came to our attention with The Taint, which you acted in, co-wrote and directed. Was the film well received by audiences?

DB: Yeah, surprisingly. It did really well.

JH: How did the idea for that film come about?

DB: I wanted to do horror, I wanted to shoot by the James River and I wanted to do a parody of misogyny in movies. We were men making the film, so it is a fine line to where the joke really begins and ends. The movie had to be hypocritical to work.

JH: We were particularly impressed by the many representations of cock in the film. What, in your opinion, makes for a good drawing of a cock? Length? Girth? Jizz coming out of the end? 

DB: Character.

JH: Thanks to The Taint, my friends and I enjoy screaming such things as “no! She was so hot!” whenever an attractive actress dies in a horror film. Have you had anyone quote lines from the film at you yet?


DB: 
Yeah, I think so. That was one.

JH: How did Troma come to be involved with its distribution?

DB: We played at Tromadance and they contacted us about it from there.

JH: Have you met Lloyd Kaufman?

DB: Yeah, I worked on special and visual effects for his most recent film, Return to Class of Nuke 'em High.

JH: What are your ambitions?


DB: Right now, all I want to do is make Science Team.

JH: Is there anyone out there that you'd like to work with in a future film or project?


DB: Hm. Lots of people I guess. Anybody who is passionate and cares about what they do really.

JH: Which are your favourite horror movies?

DB: The Shining, The Thing, Evil Dead 2.

JH: Finally, as an enormous fan, I have to ask - do you think we'll ever see a sequel to The Taint?

DB: That is very hard to say.

JH: Drew Bolduc, thank you!


DB: Thanks!


1 comment:

  1. the sneering (homo-phobic) snob21 April 2013 at 23:36

    "The Taint" is for faggots, the bloody dirty pansy queer bastards.

    ReplyDelete